Wedding ChecklistWedding Invitations and Matching Reply Cards
• Printed Envelopes and Envelope Seals
• Order of Service Church Programs
• Table Number Cards and Place Cards
• Wedding Reception Menus
• Wedding Favor Tags and Cake Box Labels
• Thank You Cards and Other Wedding Accesories
Only 12 Months To Your Special Day:
• Determine potential dates and times for your wedding.
• Decide on the size, formality and setting of your wedding.
• Create a wedding and engagement budget.
• Reserve the locations for your wedding and reception
• Meet with and book your wedding officiant or clergy.
• Choose your wedding party and confirm the participants.
• Choose your wedding rings.
• Draw up an initial guest list.
• Organize your engagement party
Only 9 Months To Go:
• Order your wedding dress and bridesmaids’s dresses
• Book your photographer and videographer
• Reserve a caterer.
• Select the decor for the reception.
• Book your entertainment or DJ
• Reserve your florist
• Order your wedding cake
• Reserve any rental items from the rental companies.
• Register your gifts.
• Research accommodation for out-of-town guests.
• Plan your honeymoon.
Getting Closer – Only 6 Months To Go:
• Decide on your menu.
• Reserve the musicians for your ceremony.
• Reserve your limo service.
• Order your invitations and any other stationery.
• Order wedding favorites for your guests.
• Choose outfits for mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
• Check marriage licence requirement
Almost There – 2 Months To Go:
• Finalize your guest list.
• Choose the reader for your ceremony.
• Finalize your order with the florist.
• Reserve the men’s wedding attire.
• Make an appointment with your hairdresser.
• Mail the wedding invitations
• Decide on your wedding vows or compose your own.
• Finalize the reception menus.
• Confirm the wedding details with the musicians and clergy or officiant.
• Have the programs printed.
• Purchase gifts for parents and attendants.
• Make appointments for nails and make-up.
• Schedule final dress-fitting.
1 Month Before:
• Apply for a marriage licence.
• Plan the rehearsal dinner.
• Meet with photographer and videographer.
2 Weeks Before:
• Have a party for the attendants.
• Draft the speeches.
• Finalize reception details.
• Call any guests who have not replied.
• Meet with your hairdresser and make-up artist for consultation.
• Deliver song lists to musicians or playlists to disc jockey.
• Confirm honeymoon reservations.
1 Week Before:
• Finalize seating plan.
• Determine the order for the procession.
• Have your rehearsal.
• Confirm accommodation reservations.
• Pick up the attrie for the groomsmen.
• Confirm the final numbers with the caterer.
• Confirm details with the limo company.
• Deliver your marriage licence to the officiant.
• Draw up a seating arrangement for the reception and write out the place cards.
• Choose someone to hand out the wedding favorites
• Choose someone to return any rented items after the wedding.
• Write any cheques required for the wedding day.
• Pack for your honeymoon
On the Wedding Day – Congratulations
• Give the wedding bands to the best man.
• Give the best man any cheques that need to be given out that day.
• Present the attendants and parents with their gifts
• Relax and Enjoy The Party!
• After the Wedding
• Make a gift list and send out your thank you notes.
• Send thank-you letters to suppliers and attendants.